Our top priority is the health of our clients, staff and all their families. We would like to update you on our response to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and inform you of preventative measures to ensure both our clients and staff are safe and comfortable during this time.
The health and safety of our clients and staff are of utmost importance. Given the rate of spread and the affect the virus is having on vulnerable parts of our population, we have implemented preventative measures to enhance the protection of all.
Client 1-1 Counselling
We are currently still offering 1-1 counselling with extra screening in place. Should this situation change we have a contingency plan to offer phone counselling. The creche will not be offered on Mondays and Tuesdays until further notice. If you are unsure just call us on 9250 2221.
It is essential that you let our team know prior to making an appointment or entering the centre, if you:
- have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- you have been tested and are awaiting results
It is important that you are honest and we remain vigilant. We ask that you do not attend if you are unwell.
For those concerned about being in our reception area, when you arrive at the centre, feel free to stay in the car and phone our team to let us know you have arrived. We will let you know when it’s your turn to pop in.
If you have been required to self-isolate and/or tested positive after a visit to Midland Women’s Health Care Place please notify us immediately.
All groups from Monday 23rd March will be cancelled for the remainder of this term. A review will take place prior to term 2 and communications will be delivered closer to this time.
Where possible we will be offering activities in conjunction with facilitators through our Facebook page and website, which will help to keep your mind positive and active.
Hygiene and Cleaning
We are following the advice from both the local and federal government requirements and the World Health Organisation (WHO) regarding precautions to minimise risks concerned with COVID-19.
We’re ensuring our staff maintain high hygiene standards in our waiting room, counselling rooms, including practicing correct handwashing procedures and client screening.
We encourage you to look after your wellbeing and those around you as a top priority. Ensure you are getting plenty of rest and sleep, hydration, enjoying healthy food while supporting and nurturing yourself and those close to you. Be patient and practice kindness.
Here are some practical tips from the Health Department to assist you in staying healthy:
- Stay home if you are sick, have a fever or cough, or if you have been exposed to someone who has the coronavirus or returned from overseas in the last 14 days
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue/inner elbow
- Frequently washing your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects
For the latest and most accurate updates, refer to the following websites:
For after-hours and emergencies:
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline: 9223 1188 – Outside Metro: 1800 007 339
- Domestic Violence: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- Crisis Care: 9223 1111 Outside Metro: 1800 199 008
- Family Helpline: 9223 1100
- Police Emergency: 000 Police Non-Emergency: 131 444
We are here to assist and help at this challenging and interesting time. Please call us on 9250 2221 if you require counselling or have any queries. Visit our Facebook page or website for up to date information. As the situation at the centre changes, we will keep you all updated via one of these channels.
CEO – Midland Women’s Health Care Place Inc.